Wood vs. Composite Decking
Learn the differences, advantages and relative costs of decking materials to make the best decision for your home and lifestyle.
Composite Deck Materials
Composite decking isn’t new to the deck building world but it is becoming more popular. There have been technology advancements in the last 20 years to help improve the performance of composite decking.
Top 6 reasons we recommend composite decks:
- Durability. Composite materials are engineered to last
- Low maintenance requirements -- no need to re-stain and re-seal
- Long manufacturer warranties
- Great looks, finishes and color options
- Visually appealing, increased curb appeal
- Our decking system includes hidden fasteners
Wood Deck Materials
Wood is the traditional deck building material. Treated lumber has changed in recent years, which means the maintenance process of wood deck has changed as well. Wood is still a popular option for building your deck, but before you use wood there’s a few things we’d like you to know.
4 Things to Know About Wood Decks:
- Requires sealing within 30 days of installation
- Annual maintenance required to ensure that your wood deck will be protected
- Life expectancy on a wood deck is much shorter than a composite deck
- As the economical option this deck is easier on the budget initially
Distinction Collection Colors
Inspiration Collection Colors
Expression Collection Colors
Deck Review From Saint Clairsville, Ohio
Just had our work completed. Great job on a new patio door, new enlarged, screened deck and a new roof. From the first meeting with Ken we knew we had chosen the right company. Communication was always timely, the work was done quickly, and cleanup was awesome from each crew. Ken came several times to check on the work being done and he, along with a previous inspector, made certain that everything was perfect. Will definitely recommend Kline to anyone needing work done and will contract with them again it needed!!
Composite Deck Review From Chippewa Lake, Ohio
Kline did fantastic work on our home. We would highly suggest them to anyone. Tom was our salesman and had fantastic communication with us for all our projects. We appreciate all the hard they did to beautify our home !